Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sometimes I Give Up

It's February now, which means OMG VALENTINE'S DAY, right?

*sigh*

The biggest source of my current constant annoyance with Pinterest is the heart food. Just... no.

Unfortunately, and I don't exactly know why, but I feel like I need to put this out there:
I will not now, nor will I ever, cut potatoes into little hearts and cook them for Valentine's Day breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Never. I will never do that. Because they are going to be eaten, pushed around a plate, yelled at by my son who hates potatoes (I know, right?), or thrown away. And how long does it take to cut potatoes into heart shapes before the cooking process? Do you really have time for this? Does ANYONE really have time for this? Because no. The answer is no.

Not only will I not cut potatoes into hearts, I won't cut cucumbers into hearts, I won't cut pancakes into hearts, no pepperoni hearts, no toast hearts, I won't make churros in the shape of a heart, and I probably won't halve a strawberry and skewer it and dip it in chocolate to make a chocolate covered strawberry heart. Ain't happenin'.

If you do this, you can think you're better than me, that's fine. You might actually be better than me. I'm fine with admitting that. Do you know why? Because I give up.

I give up.

Because Pinterest has made me really hate the amount of effort I am unwilling to put forth.

I don't even CARE.

"aww, look at that! *pin* It's so cute!! ...I'll probably never make it. *sigh*"


3 comments:

  1. These people usually are the ones who obsess about things being perfect instead of spending that time doing quality things WITH their children. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I will probably do heart shaped stuff, but on a random day because I love hearts so much and have a ton of heart cookie cutters.

    However, I rarely go on Pinterest because it reminds me of all of the things that would be cool to do, but I've got no time so I'm just looking at these things and never doing them.

    ReplyDelete