Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Today was Friday the 13th. I don't consider it a scary or unlucky day; actually quite the opposite. Usually my best days are Friday the 13th's. (yes, that makes complete sense.)

I have family visiting from out of town, and they wanted to go to Disneyland... which is fine, because I love Disneyland, and I've had an annual pass since I was 6 years old! (If you do the math, I've had it for 20 years. BAM.) It was pretty rainy yesterday, so I assumed it would be a good day to go, since most tourists don't go to a theme park when it's wet and rainy. Well it wasn't wet or rainy. It was about 80 degrees, and it was around 99% humidity. Everyone was there. Party at Disneyland! It drizzled just a few times, but burnt off before it hit the ground.

I got there with my babies around 10:30-11:00 am, and I left around 11pm. I tell ya, if you want a good but abnormal workout, try pushing a double stroller full of stuff and two kids around two theme parks for 12 hours in full humidity, maybe you'll lose 2 lbs like I did!

We started at Disney's California Adventure...

I absolutely love what they've done with the place. I love Buena Vista Street (I've only been in one shop so far.), it's like walking around LA in the 30s. Beautiful. I feel like I belong there!

I also am totally digging Cars Land; it's like the Pixar studio just dropped the move right over the "real world"... it is literally like you're walking through Radiator Springs in the Cars movie.

The only "new" thing I haven't seen is the Hollywood Back Lot and the Mat Hatter Tea Party... definitely looking forward to seeing them hopefully soon!

Disneyland...

The one and only original. I love Disneyland. I always have and I always will... I just hate that they took my "home" away. Carnation Plaza Gardens. Every time I see the top of the Plaza all torn apart over the fence, I get sick to my stomach and I want to cry. I spent a lot of time there growing up! Oh well, Disneyland needs more character Meet-and-Greet areas, right?

I guess that's all I can muster to say about Disneyland right now.

Anyways, all in all, it was fun being there. Despite frustrations that happened and not going on a single ride (I have babies, I'm used to it), I had a good time with my family.

The year is wrong... bad luck, Mickey!

No comments:

Post a Comment